Donate to openDemocracy
Thank you for supporting our digital commons!
Because of people like you, openDemocracy can continue to be independent, free and open to everyone - a place for ideas to thrive and minds to evolve. Thank you!
Tax efficient ways to donate
Donate to the openTrust (the educational charity which supports openDemocracy) using any of the methods below or donate using a CAF account if you have one.
Donate to openDemocracy (USA) Inc, a 501(c)(3), using any of the methods below.
The openTrust (the educational charity which supports openDemocracy) has gained the ANBI status with the authorities in the Netherlands. Donate using any of the methods below.
Donate via PayPal
Bank transfers can be made from UK, US and Netherlands banks tax efficiently. (We are Gift Aid, US 501c3, and ANBI (Netherlands) registered).
Donate by cheque
From the UK
1. Make a cheque payable to the openTrust, an educational charity which supports openDemocracy.
2. Write your email address on the back of the cheque. If you are UK taxpayer, ensure your donation is tax-free: use Gift Aid by filling in and enclosing a declaration form. (If you do not have access to a printer you can enclose a note to the same effect.)
3. Post to: Magnus Nome, openDemocracy, The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street, London, E8 3DL, United Kingdom
From the USA
1. Make your check out to openDemocracy (USA) Inc, a 501(c)(3)
2. Write your email address on the back
3. Mail to: Beata Pudelko (Treasurer), openDemocracy USA Inc., c/o New World Foundation, Suite 1B, 666 West End Avenue, New York, NY 10025-7357
From the Netherlands
If you would like to send a donation by cheque from the Netherlands, please email email@example.com for details of how and where to send it.
Standing orders can be set up from UK banks to regularly transfer to the openTrust (the UK charity which supports openDemocracy) an amount of your choosing.
To set up a standing order, please print, fill out and send the standing order form to your bank.