A video edit from the 1st Session of DiEM25's launch in Berlin to kick start the conversation on putting the demos back into Europe’s democracy, how to address the various crises currently tearing Europe apart, and how to organise our political interventions in our localities, regions, countries and, of course, at the European level.
Session / OUR FRAGMENTING EUROPE & DiEM’s RESPONSE Re-conceptualising the centrifugal forces and multiplying divisions tearing the EU apart: refugees, borders & fences (Schengen), Fortress Europe (Frontex), inequality-poverty, chauvinism, nationalism, insecurity.
Introduction & Moderation: Srećko Horvat (DiEM, Croatia)
1. Baier, Walter (Transform! Network – Austria)
2. Buden, Boris (public intellectual / activist, Germany/Croatia)
3. Büllesbach, Daphne (European Alternatives / Germany)
4. Demh, Dieter (MP, Germany)
5. Fassin, Eric (Academic, France)
6. Guerot, Ulrike (European Democracy Lab, Germany)
7. Krempaska, Alena (Human Rights Institute, Slovakia)
8. Martin, Luis (Journalist, Spain)
9. Meddeb, Hind (Filmmaker/Journalist, France)
10.Morel Darleux, Corrine (Activist, Deputy for Rhône-Alpes, France)
11.Mezzadra, Sandro (Public Intellectual-Activist, Italy)
12.Negri, Toni (Public Intellectual-Activist, Italy)
13.Papastergiadis, Nikos (Academic, Australia-Greece)
14.Pisarello, Gerardo (First Deputy Mayor, City of Barcelona, Cataluña)
15.Richter, Angela (Theatre Director, Germany)
16.Sierakowski, Slavek (Krytyka Polityczna, Poland)
17.Tsomou, Margarita (Author-Journalist, Germany/Greece)
and Jacob Appelbaum, independent journalist, computer security researcher and core member of the Tor project.
(Video: Hind Meddeb)