With Scotland voting on Thursday in an election that could lead to a second independence referendum and increased talk of a 'border poll' in Northern Ireland, could the United Kingdom be on the verge of breaking up? And why? Where does England fit in this story?
Join us for this free live discussion at 5pm UK time, 6 May
Hear from a panel of experts from across Britain's political divides about the union's past, present and future:
- Sarah Creighton Writer and lawyer from Belfast
- Matthew O'Toole Social Democratic and Labour Party MLA for South Belfast
- Adam Ramsay openDemocracy main site editor
- Richard Wyn Jones:Professor of Welsh Politics, Cardiff University
- Chair: Peter Geoghegan openDemocracy UK investigations editor and author of 'The People's Referendum: Why Scotland Will Never be the Same Again'