The Board of openDemocracy seeks a dynamic and gifted individual to be its next Editor-in-Chief (EiC).
The EiC is supported by a small management team: editor of the main section, chief operating officer, publisher and finance director. Half the website’s content is published by sections such as oDR and 50:50. These have their own editorial teams, who have primary responsibility for securing financial support for their own sections. New sections may be created in the future.
The EiC is expected to:
- Represent openDemocracy in the eyes of an international public of readers, supporters and funders
- Expand our range and activities, whilst maintaining our commitment to both editorial quality and diversity
- Sustain and build relationships with major funders: private, charitable and corporate
- Enlarge openDemocracy’s audience and audience engagement both by editorial innovation and by deep understanding of readership measurement and analytics
- Act as Chief Executive of openDemocracy Ltd, ensuring it is well run and financially sustainable.
Key attributes of the successful candidate will be:
The Board is seeking to make the appointment before July 2014. Applications need to be submitted to Jess Thomas at [email protected] before May 31st, and applicants need to be available for interview during June. Salary will be c £50,000 p.a., depending on experience.