There's just a short time left to contribute to POWER2010, the grassroots campaign to renew and strengthen our democracy from the bottom up.
The campaign is committed to giving everyone across the country a say in what reforms are needed to fix our politics and wants your input.
What changes would you like to see? Submit your idea here - you have until midnight on November 30th.
The most popular ideas will become the POWER2010 Pledge - and form the backbone of a national campaign at the next election to change politics for good.
With POWER2010 we have a historic chance to change our democracy for the better. Do you want fairer voting? Cleaner politics? More power to local communities?
Over 3000 ideas have already been submitted -they range from suggestions on MPs’ pay, the voting system, party funding, House of Lords, devolving more power to the UK nations and include:
- An elected head of state – suggested by Rob in Birmingham
- Abolishing spin doctors – from Cheryl in Hull
- Directly electing the government – says Simon in Brentwood
- A second chamber elected by lot, as with juries – suggests Maggie in Edinburgh
- Votes from 16 years of age – from Matthew in Dundee.
Make sure you submit yours while there’s still time.
Get our weekly email